Business Development Manager
Jan 18, 2021
Working with the company’s Commercial Director, we are looking for an experienced business development manager to join our team as we go through a transitional period of growth.
You will need to be able to show a strong understanding of property lending – and in particular bridging and development finance – together with a basic understanding of the loan underwriting process. The right candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences. You will have an “outside the box” pro active approach to self-generate new business though activity, referrals, and networks.
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive pay package (basic plus bonus)
- Pension scheme (4% employer / 5% gross employee)
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas period
- Core hours 9-5, with flexible first and last hour
- Field based role
- Further company-wide insurance benefits being considered as we expand
- Company mobile and contract
- The opportunity to develop a role new to the business
- Design and implement new marketing strategies, using feedback from stakeholder interactions.
- Represent the company at trade fairs and business expo’s
- Interacting with many different stakeholders
- Involvement in other key aspects of the company
- Creating and maintaining new professional relationships
- To join a company at the beginning of a growth curve
- Well-performing loan book driven by robust underwriting
Experience and qualifications:
- Personable individual who is confident at buildings relationships with our clients/stakeholders.
- Proven track record as a Business Development Manager within the specialist lending markets, preferably bridging/development finance
- Confident in a “new business” environment with an ability to maximize new relationships
- Preferably already have an established intermediary network of mortgage/finance brokers who look to place cases outside of mainstream lenders
- Drive, motivated and hungry to succeed
- Team player
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (both internal and external)
- Strong literacy ability across all forms of communication
- Full UK driving license – happy to commute around the UK
- Developing the businesses loan book
- Maintaining or identifying brokers and introducers throughout the country in order to gain referrals for bridging and development finance
- Working closely with the Commercial Director to exhaust all leads and will need a proactive and consultative approach.
- Origination and execution of all finance deals, ensuring suitability of the security and in turn recommending appropriate terms.
- Managing your own case load
- Assisting product development
- Managing internal and external relationships
- Assisting with company marketing strategy and campaigns
- Supporting other departments/colleagues in various projects
If you are interested in being part of the team, then please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to the email below.